Welcome to the Wells Family Blog! We want to continue to share with you the amazing journey that God has called us to as we try to live ON PURPOSE and ON MISSION in a world that says to do otherwise.

If it seems that the blog is changing and "under construction" at times then it is just a reflection of our family life... We are working hard to find our "new normal", so please hang in there and keep checking back!

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10







Friday, June 3, 2011

CRASH!

Yesterday Ty and I celebrated 21 years of marriage!   But instead of doing the normal celebratory things like go out to eat, catch a movie and spend quality time together, I chose instead to spend the day in the emergency room :) 
Well OK maybe "chose" is the wrong word.  I certainly would not have "chosen" to be knocked off my bike by a charging golden retriever while finishing up a 44 mile bike ride.  But that is exactly what happened.  With 5 years of cycling under my belt I am happy to report that this was my first major mishap.   And I am VERY GRATEFUL that God protected me from serious injury.  I now get to join the ranks of many cyclists who have broken a collar bone and experienced some AC separation.  Thankfully I always wear a helmet which was cracked in two places but protected me from a head injury.  Of course since I skidded down the gravelly pavement a bit I also obtained a whole lot of ugly road rash.





Sorry to all of those I just grossed out but trying to be real here :)

The doctors say that I should have full recovery but I will definitely have restricted movement for awhile.  Unfortunately that also includes riding which I will have to take several weeks off from... probably the hardest part of the whole deal.

I had some AWESOME support from family and friends which always reminds me of how blessed I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment