Welcome to the Wells Family Blog! We want to continue to share with you the amazing journey that God has called us to as we try to live ON PURPOSE and ON MISSION in a world that says to do otherwise.

If it seems that the blog is changing and "under construction" at times then it is just a reflection of our family life... We are working hard to find our "new normal", so please hang in there and keep checking back!

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10







Tuesday, June 14, 2011

10 More Days!


In exactly 10 days we will get to meet Katerina and Mariana for the first time!!!

Yes, we have skyped and yes, we have emailed a bit, but never a "face to face."  
Never have I been able to wrap my arms around these two precious girls that God has called to be a part of our family.  I long to hug them.  Not one of those light and awkward hugs but one that is tight and strong and true.  

In 9 days - on my birthday - I will fly up to Atlanta for a training designed for all the hosting families.   Ty will be staying home with the kids to hold down the fort.  I will get to meet the other families who are also hosting children from the Ukraine.  There will be approximately 30 children coming over.   I have the great opportunity to spend Thursday night with a family that has generously offered their home to me; instead of having to stay in a hotel.  I am anxious to meet them and share stories as well as hear the events that have shaped in them, a heart for these Ukrainian orphans.

Then on Friday, June 24th, the girls will be flying in!  This is a moment I have played over and over in my head.  I'm sure that they will be weary from their long day of traveling.  And I expect that they might feel a little nervous and unsure -  for that matter I might too.  The language barrier will probably seem monumental - at least in the beginning.  There will be so many unknowns about our future together.

But I am certain of one thing... 
that it will be a God ordained moment... 
whatever it may look like. 

And in that I can rest!  In that I feel peace wash over me... peace that passes our human understanding.  



                                                       

 

No comments:

Post a Comment