Welcome to the Wells Family Blog! We want to continue to share with you the amazing journey that God has called us to as we try to live ON PURPOSE and ON MISSION in a world that says to do otherwise.

If it seems that the blog is changing and "under construction" at times then it is just a reflection of our family life... We are working hard to find our "new normal", so please hang in there and keep checking back!

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10







Wednesday, December 21, 2011

SDA Appointment

St. Katherine's Cathedral... near where our appt. would take place.

My day started at the early morning hour of  5am. Although not really wanting to get up that early, my mind -which apparently is still in the US eastern time zone - was racing.  So I quietly picked up the laptop and headed to our little kitchenette so as not to wake up my sleeping-like-a-baby husband.  I had several emails waiting for me.  One of these was from my daughter, Makenzie, sharing all the details of the day and sharing a verse that she had been meditating on.  It comes from Ephesians 4:1-2


I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, 2with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love.


Immediately I felt that perhaps I needed to spend some time praying about it and thinking of how it applies to me right now.  The part that jumps out to me each time I read it is... "to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called."  Little did I know that in several hours the verse was going to be put into practice.

Ty and I in front of SDA building.


Today at 9am was the appointment that we had to fly across the world for.  It was the appointment that we were to go to the SDA (govt. office that handles all adoptions) and receive our referral of the girls that would begin the legal process of adoption.  Unfortunately, through no fault of our own, a piece of the necessary paperwork has yet to be signed.  So we were NOT able to have our appointment but was reassigned a new one.  Our hope was that it would be a day or two later, however it is not until next Wednesday, Dec. 28th.  And we have been told that "hopefully" all the paperwork will be in at that point.


What?  
Hopefully?  
You mean that we cannot get ANYTHING accomplished between now and then?  
And I actually could have been home at Christmas with my family?  
Will we have to be here even longer than we anticipated?  
Why does this process have to ALWAYS be so complicated?  
Doesn't the person who needs to sign this document realize that we don't have unlimited funds?  


These were all the thoughts jumping around in my head as I processed through this new information.

We got back to our apartment and Ty asked, "what are you thinking Babe?  Not really the news we wanted was it?"

To be honest I was not really sure how I felt.  Certainly my natural tendency is to be frustrated and maybe even angry with the system, which in most cases would mean a good cry would be in order.  But the verse has come back to my mind several times "to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called".


Ok so what is that going to look like?  
Well I guess it means that despite the circumstances I am going to have peace... 
Peace that God is Sovereign and once again a remembrance that He is in control of this (not government authorities).  
Peace that there is a reason that we are here that perhaps goes beyond anything we can wrap our brains around.  
And peace that He will work out all things according to our good.  
Basically a peace that surpasses ALL understanding, including my own.


Will it be easy... of course not.  In fact it will more than likely require a day-by-day, moment-by-moment surrendering of my own will.  And for me that requires the power of the Holy Spirit...
cause on my own I fail miserably.

So for our prayer warriors out there here are some things to pray for:
That the missing document would be signed ASAP and at the latest next Mon. evening.
That Ty and I might be able to arrange some cheaper living accommodations, closer to the girls.
That God would continue to help Ty and I to see people and circumstances through His eyes.

NOW...
I need to end on a more positive note.  So I will share a picture of my beautiful niece.
Her story reminds me that although these journeys are never easy they are SO MUCH MORE than worth it in the end!

Hearing from you all brightens our day... leave us a comment!




















   







1 comment:

  1. Praying the documents are found and get signed soon! You and Ty are in our prayers!!
    Love,
    Jade (&Omar)

    ReplyDelete