Welcome to the Wells Family Blog! We want to continue to share with you the amazing journey that God has called us to as we try to live ON PURPOSE and ON MISSION in a world that says to do otherwise.

If it seems that the blog is changing and "under construction" at times then it is just a reflection of our family life... We are working hard to find our "new normal", so please hang in there and keep checking back!

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10







Sunday, December 11, 2011

Counting Down...

 January 2006

It's hard to believe that in one week's time, Ty and I will be flying across the world once again to bring home our girls!!!  I don't think that one day has gone by that we have not thought back to our first trip to Ukraine back in 2006.  I guess it is inevitable that our minds would go back to that time as there are so many of the same emotions as we plan, prepare, and anticipate our upcoming trip.

However, I have to say that I have an overwhelming PEACE this time that was not present the first time.  So much of the anxiety I experienced over leaving my other kids behind, wondering about the process we were about to embark upon, and worrying about the outcome have just been replaced by a trust in God's Sovereignty in every aspect of this journey.

Don't get me wrong... Ty and I both have had many moments of, "OH MY GOODNESS!"  How in the world are we going to do this... not just the adoption process but LIFE afterwards as well?  It's hard to wrap our brains around what our "NEW NORMAL" might look like.  But just when it seems like the "WHAT IFS..." are going to swallow us up, a memory of how Faithful God was to us when we were working to bring home our precious boy will come to remembrance.  It's like God whispers..."Remember how I did this... and do you see how I took care of that?  Don't you know I am still the same today?"
And then I realize that although I don't have any of the answers, I know that MY GOD is orchestrating this just as beautifully and perfectly as He did with our Nicholas.

And to that I can only respond, PRAISE GOD!!!

I am so grateful for how He has gently but consistently grown our faith, individually and as a family.  HE desires our growth and He does everything to continually point us toward Him.
Resting in HIS SOVEREIGNTY is the safest and most peaceful place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment