Welcome to the Wells Family Blog! We want to continue to share with you the amazing journey that God has called us to as we try to live ON PURPOSE and ON MISSION in a world that says to do otherwise.

If it seems that the blog is changing and "under construction" at times then it is just a reflection of our family life... We are working hard to find our "new normal", so please hang in there and keep checking back!

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10







Thursday, May 26, 2011

Different Directions

 
Ever feel like you're running in a lot of different directions?  That is definitely how I have felt lately.  Some of you may know that after 13 years of being a stay at home mom I have had to head out and help bring in some finances.  So back in February I started working 3 nights a week at a restaurant.

I have to admit it has been a difficult adjustment for me.   Being effective in the other areas of my life has certainly been a challenge with the loss of 24 plus hours every week.  But I'm not here to complain... I know there are many families out there making the same kinds of adjustments.  What it does make me realize is the need to keep focused on doing what I've been called to do during this season of my life... and doing it well.  Easier said than done, right?

Francis Chan (one of my favorite authors) did a great video clip that is well worth watching.  It's called the balance beam of life, and it reminds me that at some point at the end of this fast moving life I will have to give an account for all I have done and all that I have not done and for every decision that I make in faith and every time I respond in fear.  Overwhelming!

Thankfully I don't have to do it all alone... God has promised to never leave me nor forsake me!  Thank you Lord!   Have a blessed day!
Watch this!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA_uwWPE6lQ

No comments:

Post a Comment