Welcome to the Wells Family Blog! We want to continue to share with you the amazing journey that God has called us to as we try to live ON PURPOSE and ON MISSION in a world that says to do otherwise.

If it seems that the blog is changing and "under construction" at times then it is just a reflection of our family life... We are working hard to find our "new normal", so please hang in there and keep checking back!

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10







Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Circumstances or Sovereignty

Do you ever have days where you really struggle with the circumstances that surround you?  When all you can see is the barrenness - the wasteland of uncertainty, doubts, and fear?


Yesterday was that kind of day for me...  I felt like I was on the edge of a cliff looking down at all the challenges, financial hurdles, and unknowns that lie in our future.  I wanted to look away but... it seemed that I was just stuck there... unable to get a better perspective.

Have you ever noticed that when your eyes are focused on all the circumstances that seem to be shaping your life, it's natural to start to feel hopeless?

And it is easy to become fearful. 

And being overwhelmed best describes who you are.

And then you get stuck.

I was at that place yesterday...

BUT GOD!
HE IS FAITHFUL AND HE NEVER ALLOWS US TO REMAIN THERE!

His Spirit began to gently whisper to me to turn my eyes...

  

Initially it came in the voices of loved ones...

"Remember who is in charge."
"You are here for a reason."
"This is not your story it is God's."
"This is just a season in your life."

 Slowly I began to see a new picture!


Then came a timely and true statement from a friend...

"When we are full of faith in God's sovereignty, life and it's apparent challenges and uncertainties can be viewed as a great adventure -- one that is certain to be filled with the ultimate good He intends for us. Without faith it is far more scary, more stressful, and emotionally painful." 

Well I choose faith!  And NOT a blind faith.  
But one that has been shaped and formed and grown by the tender touch of a Sovereign Creator.  


Finally... at the end of the day.  
God whispered one more time through the voice of a vulnerable teenager...

Reminding me that... 
This story that He is writing is far greater than any circumstances I might find myself in.  
And His ability to bring all the broken pieces of my life and the broken pieces of the lives around me, to form a beautiful and perfect picture, has been proven time and again.

Instead of looking at the circumstances that surround me at this moment in time I choose to look back over my life and see the Hand of God. 
 Hands that are...

Faithful.
Strong.
Gentle.
Constant.
Reliable.
And Trustworthy!




No comments:

Post a Comment